Hospice: 01206 845 566

SinglePoint: 01206 890 360

Contrast

Text Size

a a
X

Make a difference

Every gift, large or small, makes a difference to local people in need of hospice care and bereavement support.

Because of you…

St Helena Hospice would not be here without the generosity and support of local people like you. You are the reason more people across north east Essex can receive the specialist care, compassion and dignity they deserve, right to the end of life.

Quote Author

“What made it different is the people were in tune with how you might be feeling, so they'll go out of their way to spend time to try and reassure you, to sit and have a bit of a laugh with you.”

 

Make a donation

I’d like to make a regular donation

I’d like to make a one off donation

Make your donation go further for a smaller amount a month

Every donation is appreciated, whether it’s £5 or £50. Monthly donations have a big impact on our hospice. Your ongoing support means our patients get the care they need, when they need it, where they need it.

Switch to a regular donation

Yes I’d like to make a regular monthly donation of:

Yes I’d like to make a one off donation of:

£50

£50 could provide the care and support a family in crisis needs with a home visit from a SinglePoint nurse

Choose

£23

£23 could provide pain and symptom relief to a patient at home from a community nurse

Choose

£10

£10 could provide a patient staying at the hospice with nutritious home cooked meals for a day

Choose

Other Amount

£
Choose
 

The difference you are making

Your donations are making sure more local people have dignity and choice at the end of life. Thank you.

More than 3,900 local people facing dying, death and bereavement supported every year

3,900

 

37% of our funding comes from the NHS, the remaining 63% comes from our amazing, generous supporters like you

63%

 
 

Latest news, stories and events

 

Tree-Cycle 2022

08/01/2022

Wherever your tree is

View more

Kilimanjaro Trek

26/12/2021 - 04/01/2022

Tanzania

View more

Pier to Pier

10/10/2021

10:00

Clacton Pier

View more

Virtual Pier to Pier

10/10/2021

Wherever you choose!

View more

Time Capsule

02/10/2021

10:00

-

15:30

Castle Park, Colchester

View more

Snowdon by Night

03/07/2021 - 21/08/2022

Mount Snowdon, Snowdonia National Park, Wales

View more

St Helena Hospice opens new shop in Frinton

We welcomed our first customers to our newest charity shop in Frinton-on-Sea on Tuesday 1st June!

View more

We listened to mum's wishes

Josephine Gunnee made sure she grasped every opportunity, and being diagnosed with a rare cancer didn’t stop her from going out with friends and spending time with her family

View more

People's Princess Visit

Diana, Princess of Wales officially opened the Joan Tomkins day centre on 26th April 1988, where she captivated patients, hospice volunteers and staff.

View more

Virtual Ward was invaluable

Christmas ended abruptly for Hazel Forster last year when her husband of 46 years was rushed to hospital after collapsing with a suspected stroke on Christmas Day.

View more

Getting to know what makes that person whole

Emma Collins is a community clinical nurse specialist with St Helena Hospice.

View more

My role here is to help people find peace in the journey and before they die

Physical distancing during the pandemic has been the biggest change for St Helena’s chaplaincy team, Vickie Peters and Terry Walker.

View more

Caring in lockdown

Just as they were adjusting to life in lockdown in April, Doris Blunden’s family encountered a further blow.

View more

Life is what you make it

Pauline and Jim Lawrence had 57 happy years together, enjoying their time spent out on the barges.

View more

Helping families go on living

When Sally Brunton’s community clinical nurse specialist (CNS) suggested she may benefit from relaxing Reiki sessions with our complementary therapists, Sally went along so it would give her husband Andy some respite.

View more

Making choices and memories

When Neil became ill, he was philosophical about it, recording his decisions about his care and end of life choices, and discussing the future with his husband. Pete shares their story.

View more
 
Basket 0

Items in basket: 0

View Basket
Spinner